CONSOLIDATED LCL CARGO SHIPMENT TO JAPAN OR FROM JAPAN
At Consolhub we have the best options and the best prices for sea freights for your consolidated LCL cargo. Get an instant quote, book and ship your consolidated cargo to Japan, and its main ports: Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka and Chiba; each of them specialized in different products. Japan’s most important ports are:
• Tokyo port: Is Japan’s main port. Its infrastructure is modern in both sea and land. This port is characterized for working as a central distribution center supporting the industries established in this nation.
• Yokohama port: The second most important of Japan. Its infrastructure is modern both in land and sea. Characterized for having 10 docks with capacity to receive container carriers.
• Nagoya port: The biggest port and with most traffic of Japan, handling about 10% of the total amount of Japan’s commerce. This port is the biggest exporter of cars of Japan. Its location has been one of the factors allowing this port to develop itself worldwide.
• Osaka port, located in the middle of Japan’s west zone, working as pillar of the region. This port has several terminals and docks allowing it to fulfill the demand for moving goods.
• Kobe port, located in the metropolitan area of Osaka in the industrial region of Hanshin. This port has several ship lines from North America, Europe, Asian Southeast and China that provide a regular service and are connected with more than 500 ports and 135 countries worldwide, being the biggest port in Japan handling containerized goods.
According to the 2015 top 100 ranking of main ports of the world by Lloyd’s list, Japan has 5 of its main ports (Tokyo, Yokohama, Nagoya, Kobe and Osaka) among the 60 first of this list.
If you wish to send your consolidated cargo shipments to or from Japan and world through a reliable net of cargo consolidators or groupage companies, CONSOLHUB is undoubtedly your best option, offering you the best service options so you can choose the one that works best for you according to your needs and anytime you need, we are associated with the best international freight companies.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW WHEN YOU WISH TO IMPORT OR EXPORT CONSOLIDATED CARGO?
Something important to consider when you decide to export or import besides the costs and the transit time, is to know the main ports of origin as well as destination ports to identify which one will be the best options for LCL ocean shipping.
Ocean freight shipping has different costs that you need to be aware not only the ocean shipment price but also the origin and destination costs such as, customs, deconsolidation or local delivery. Likewise, you should consider having all the paperwork needed (whether you import or export) and checking the correct filling of the BL (Bill of landing) that stands for the cargo.
WHAT DOES CONSOLIDATED CARGO OR LCL MEAN?
The acronym means (less than container load) this load is put together from a group of different clients, in one container (it’s consolidated) and a service called consolidated cargo is generated. This is normally provided by groupage or consolidated ocean freight companies it is frequently used for smaller cargo not big enough to fill a complete container by itself. If you look for consolidated cargo, through CONSOLHUB we offer services door to door, port to port, port to door, and door to port, for consolidated cargo.
WHY IS CONSOLHUB THE BEST CHOICE FOR CONSOLIDATED SEA FREIGHT SERVICES?
At Consolhub you will find the best prices for consolidated cargo, thanks to our agreements with NVOCC and ocean cargo consolidators and the volumes we manage directly with the leading and best-known companies of sea freight. We are the link between the most specialized consolidating companies, being this our area of expertise.
WHY USE SEA FREIGHT?
In sea or ocean freight, different kinds of cargo are used, FCL cargo (Full container load) and LCL (Less container load) both are transported in containers of different sizes, among the most common are 20, 40 and 40 HC ft for specific loads such as perishable goods, or material that needs to be transported with an specific temperature, it is important that in order to ask for an import or export service, all the cargo details are known and shared in order to assign the right container and the right kind of operation so that the booking is correctly done.
To give you an idea of the total amount of cargo transported via sea, according to UNCTAD it goes as high as 80%, that is why it has become one of the fundamental factors of the world economy growth.